Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Jack the Ripper Special Branch Index Ledgers

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:17 am by Admin

Where would a book on Jack the Ripper conspiracies be without mention and an adequate assessment of the Metropolitan Police Special Branch Index Ledgers?

For those who do have a personal interest in these developments on the case, details on their existence and relevance was first published in the foundational reference work on the Whitechapel murders in 2006, Jack the Ripper: Scotland Yard …

Comments: 0

Secret Files on Jack the Ripper?

Wed May 18, 2011 3:36 pm by auspirograph

Breaking News?

Hi all,

Yes, this is a breaking story on Jack the Ripper historical sources but it has been an on-going saga for some time with the UK Information Tribunal. The story is a bit more involved than the press are reporting, or as Trevor Marriott is describing. There are certainly some details of a Victorian Special Branch investigation of Jack the Ripper, however, because suspects …

Comments: 5

Ripper Writers RSS Feeds

Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:56 pm by Admin

As a service to members and guests of Jack the Ripper Writers who would like to subscribe to updates and news displayed on this website blog, please go to the menu right and choose your favorite option.

Thanks for your continued interest and support of a site specific for writers, authors and crime historians on Jack the Ripper and the iconic Whitechapel murders.

Admin
Jack the Ripper Writers

Comments: 0

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Guest Feedback

3 posters

Go down

Guest Feedback Empty Guest Feedback

Post  Admin Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:48 pm

Constructive comments and feedback are invited from guests to Jack the Ripper Writers. Please keep comments polite and genteel, with writing comprehensible.

For the 1% of anonymous internet trolls, lurkers and gremlins who will inevitably attempt to spoil a guest comments page for all, the message is; abuse it and you lose it!

Otherwise, have your say on anything that is of interest.

For all enquiries to the admin of Jack the Ripper Writers, please write to: ripwriters (at) y7mail.com

Thanks

Last edited by Admin on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:03 am; edited 4 times in total

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-04-11

https://ripperwriters.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Guest Feedback Empty Season's Greetings & Happy New Year 2009

Post  Admin Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:33 pm

A very happy holiday season and a peaceful new year to all guests of Jack the Ripper Writers.

Thank you for your interest and for visiting the site during the 120th Anniversary of the Whitechapel murders and look forward to having you back in 2009.

Admin

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guest Feedback Empty Happy Holiday Season

Post  Admin Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:53 pm

The very best wishes for the holiday season to members and guests of Jack the Ripper Writers. A peaceful and prosperous new year for you and your families.

2009 has been a great year for this niche writers' website and for the world of Ripperology. A reminder that the site is intended as an online supplementary resource for professional and aspiring writers on the Whitechapel murders case and its history.

Look forward to seeing you all again during 2010.

Admin
Jack the Ripper Writers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guest Feedback Empty Just a question.

Post  John Spanek Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:25 am

I noticed that the first post on this thread invited us to have our "say of anything that is of interest." I hope this is the appropriate place to type this.

Joe, I read your "Cooperation Amongst Web Sites" post. It was typed very well, and I agree with the points you made.

If you don't mind me asking, I recently learned that you are no longer a member at a well known Ripper web site. Did your departure have anything to do with your "Cooperation Amongst Web Sites" writing?

Last edited by John Spanek on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

John Spanek

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Guest Feedback Empty Re: Guest Feedback

Post  Joe Chetcuti Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:06 pm

No, it was a separate matter.

Last week I voluntarily withdrew my membership from the Jtrforums. An administrator at that web site decided to allow and promote the mocking of religion amongst its members, and he would intentionally delete any post that objected to this practice.

A distorted pictorial image of the Last Supper was placed on the Jtrforums and the members were encouraged to type ridiculing comments underneath it. Fortunately, the vast majority of the Jtrforums members did not partake in this queer behavior. It was a disturbing display. There really is no place in this world for the mockery of religion.

The Jtrforums thread caused me to type a post that explained the true meaning of the Last Supper and how Christ's establishment of the Holy Eucharist has been solemnly revered for almost 2,000 years. I also mentioned the name of a respectable lady who had previously left the Jtrforums due to the anti-Christian rants from its administrator. Those rants were offensive, unprovoked, and unnecessary. My commentary showed how much damage can be caused when a web site administrator chooses to invoke a policy that encourages the mocking of religion.

As a result of this, a Jtrforums administrator purposely deleted my post, and the insensitive Last Supper thread was allowed to continue on. As soon as this happened, I immediately withdrew my membership from the Jtrforums.

Last edited by Joe Chetcuti on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joe Chetcuti

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Guest Feedback Empty Just a Question

Post  John Spanek Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:18 pm

You were right in leaving. I would have done the same thing.

John Spanek

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Guest Feedback Empty Just a Question

Post  Joe Chetcuti Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:31 pm

John, I received the following e-mail earlier this week from one of the most respected men in our field:

"Sorry about your experience at the JTR Forums. I've never understood people being crass about religion. There's great suffering and misery in the world, and I can understand people being confused and even having their moments of doubt and despair. But I've always felt a human need to look for a higher power. To want to seek something beyond our world. Mocking religion is shallow and unworthy. I don't understand the impulse. I really don't."

I will forward the rest of that e-mail to you, John.

Joe Chetcuti

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Guest Feedback Empty A Waste Of Truth

Post  stevep Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:30 am

I have just spent ten years trying to tell members of the casebook (casebook.org) the real story behind the Jack the Ripper diary and have been labelled a liar and have been banned from that forum. I am disheartened that someone tries to tell the absolute truth about something and can be so easily tagged as being dishonest. Maybe it's because there are so many liars in this world that when the truth comes along, it is bound to be laughed at. What a shame and what a waste of truth.
Steve Powell
june 2010

stevep

Back to top Go down

Guest Feedback Empty Re: Guest Feedback

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum