Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Jack the Ripper Special Branch Index Ledgers

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:17 am by Admin

Where would a book on Jack the Ripper conspiracies be without mention and an adequate assessment of the Metropolitan Police Special Branch Index Ledgers?

For those who do have a personal interest in these developments on the case, details on their existence and relevance was first published in the foundational reference work on the Whitechapel murders in 2006, Jack the Ripper: Scotland Yard …

Comments: 0

Secret Files on Jack the Ripper?

Wed May 18, 2011 3:36 pm by auspirograph

Breaking News?

Hi all,

Yes, this is a breaking story on Jack the Ripper historical sources but it has been an on-going saga for some time with the UK Information Tribunal. The story is a bit more involved than the press are reporting, or as Trevor Marriott is describing. There are certainly some details of a Victorian Special Branch investigation of Jack the Ripper, however, because suspects …

Comments: 5

Ripper Writers RSS Feeds

Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:56 pm by Admin

As a service to members and guests of Jack the Ripper Writers who would like to subscribe to updates and news displayed on this website blog, please go to the menu right and choose your favorite option.

Thanks for your continued interest and support of a site specific for writers, authors and crime historians on Jack the Ripper and the iconic Whitechapel murders.

Admin
Jack the Ripper Writers

Comments: 0

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Secret Files on Jack the Ripper?

Go down

Secret Files on Jack the Ripper? Empty Secret Files on Jack the Ripper?

Breaking News?

Hi all,

Yes, this is a breaking story on Jack the Ripper historical sources but it has been an on-going saga for some time with the UK Information Tribunal. The story is a bit more involved than the press are reporting, or as Trevor Marriott is describing. There are certainly some details of a Victorian Special Branch investigation of Jack the Ripper, however, because suspects are named, does not of course mean that they were the serial killer of 1888.

In fact it is impossible to prove the identity of Jack the Ripper now with the available sources which include these Special Branch ledgers that simply outline the police lines of inquiry. It has to be remembered that no-one was convicted of the crimes so any new information can at best give a better idea of the police investigation.

I am the author of a forthcoming non-fiction book which may interest you that puts this and other Jack the Ripper mythologies into a Victorian context and examines how and why these conspiracies emerged on these historic unsolved crimes. The title of the book is: "Jack the Ripper and Black Magic: Victorian Conspiracy Theories, Secret Societies and the Supernatural Mystique of the Whitechapel Murders". Further details can be found on my publisher's website:

http://www.mcfarlandpub.com/book-2.php?id=978-0-7864-4547-9

And no, the Royal/Masonic Conspiracy Theory has no basis in fact though it has grown as legend and been perhaps the most popular theory of all.

Thanks for your time and hope that if interested, the book will provide a comprehensive insight into the legends of Jack the Ripper, how the crimes were perceived and what really happened for both enthusiasts and Ripperologists alike.

Cheers
Spiro
auspirograph

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-04-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Secret Files on Jack the Ripper? :: Comments

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:26 pm  Joe Chetcuti

The shipping of Spiro's book was delayed by Barnes and Noble. But hopefully I will receive it soon and take a good look at it.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:31 pm  John Spanek

I'm having lunch here with Joe today. I just want to add that I too am looking forward to reading the book. With Stewart Evans doing the introduction, it should get off to a good start.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:19 am  auspirograph

Thanks for the interest in the book Joe and John. Yes there is a slight delay. As far as I know it will come out sometime in July.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:16 pm  Mkl Hawley

Hi Spiro,

The wife just asked me, "Mike, what would you like for Christmas?" I said, "Jack the Ripper and Black Magic!" I felt like I was Ralphie on 'A Christmas Story' rifling off his Red Rider BB Gun. She then teased me, "Are you sure?" Ok, ok, I'm a little psyched. I'm looking forward to reading it Spiro and great job!

Sincerely,

Mike

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:31 pm  auspirograph

Thanks Mike,

Hope you find it useful and enjoyable. Who knows, maybe she might also like reading it.

Regards
Spiro

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down