Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Jack the Ripper Special Branch Index Ledgers

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:17 am by Admin

Where would a book on Jack the Ripper conspiracies be without mention and an adequate assessment of the Metropolitan Police Special Branch Index Ledgers?

For those who do have a personal interest in these developments on the case, details on their existence and relevance was first published in the foundational reference work on the Whitechapel murders in 2006, Jack the Ripper: Scotland Yard …

Comments: 0

Secret Files on Jack the Ripper?

Wed May 18, 2011 3:36 pm by auspirograph

Breaking News?

Hi all,

Yes, this is a breaking story on Jack the Ripper historical sources but it has been an on-going saga for some time with the UK Information Tribunal. The story is a bit more involved than the press are reporting, or as Trevor Marriott is describing. There are certainly some details of a Victorian Special Branch investigation of Jack the Ripper, however, because suspects …

Comments: 5

Ripper Writers RSS Feeds

Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:56 pm by Admin

As a service to members and guests of Jack the Ripper Writers who would like to subscribe to updates and news displayed on this website blog, please go to the menu right and choose your favorite option.

Thanks for your continued interest and support of a site specific for writers, authors and crime historians on Jack the Ripper and the iconic Whitechapel murders.

Admin
Jack the Ripper Writers

Comments: 0

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Ripper Journals

4 posters

Go down

Ripper Journals - Page 2 Empty Re: Ripper Journals

Post  Mkl Hawley Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:35 pm

It seems that Scotland Yard in 1888 had access to Tumblety's earlier Canadian troubles right in their own files thanks to the Liverpool problems.

Sincerely,

Mike

Mkl Hawley

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Chetcuti Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:35 am

February has been a good month with the new issues of Ripperologist and the Whitechapel Society Journal getting distributed.

An interesting feature in the current issue of the Whitechapel Society was in Robin Odell's article A Forensic Quintet. Robin mentioned how the pathologist Francis Camps refuted the idea that the Ripper had anatomical skills. Camps said this in an interview that was reported in The Guardian. Robin explained that Camps spoke of how crude surgery was performed on the body of Eddowes and that it was the work of an amateur, whereas a trained medical man would have secured the kidney with one straight incision.

It's good to see Scott Nelson, Mike Hawley, Pauline Morgan, and Peter Hodgson get the feature stories in the current Ripperologist issue. Scott's article deserves to be read more than once. He covered a lot of ground and asked plenty of questions for his readers to ponder.

Mike's Wax Museum article is getting good reviews, too. But I noticed that Mike's biography is lacking a Masters Degree in Nuclear Physics. He has every other degree except that one. Despite this, I still read his article and enjoyed it! It was probably the most in-depth report on that particular topic.

Chris Scott, Adam, and the rest of the gang at the Rip put together a fine issue.

By the way, does this thread ever turn over to Page Two?

Joe Chetcuti

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  John Spanek Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 pm

I wouldn't mind reading Camps' interview in its entirety in The Guardian. Maybe somebody will find it and place it on the Internet some day.

John Spanek

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Mkl Hawley Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks Joe. Once the wife and I ended up with six kids, I was under orders not to step onto a college campus! She's tougher than I am!

Mkl Hawley

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down